google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

London Broil made out of chuck roast

London Broil is not a cut of meat; it's the way the meat is cooked.

Usually it's made with flank, shoulder or round, but tonight I made it with chuck roast.

The way it's made, is to first marinate the roast. Then broil or grill the roast until it's done on the outside, and then slice into thin steaks.

Technically you're supposed to "cut across the grain". Frankly, I don't remember if I cut across the grain or not. I wasn't looking.

I marinated the chuck roast in steak marinade, onion powder, and garlic powder.

Then I put it in a cast iron grill pan under the broiler, turning it regularly for even cooking.

Then I sliced it into steaks. It was well done on the outside, rare on the inside. I liked it.

Someone asked if you can make London Broil in a crock pot. Not really, since once it's made in a crock pot, it becomes a pot roast; London Broil refers to the way it's cooked, not the meat itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment