google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Beef Tips on the fly

I had some extra stew meat, so I decided to make beef tips with gravy and rice, without looking at a recipe.

First I melted some butter in a cast iron skillet.  Browned the stew meat, along with chopped onions and mushrooms.

Should have added minced garlic, but didn't think of it.

Added black pepper and worcestershire sauce.

When it was all browned, I transferred everything to a crock pot.  

In retrospect, I could have browned it in a dutch oven and then just added everything to the pot.

Deglazed the skillet with beef broth and red wine, and added Wondra flour to thicken.

Added this sauce to the crock pot.

Added more Worcestershire sauce, and then some ketchup.

Added more black pepper.

Turned on the crock pot and let it cook.

Served over rice.

Pretty good for not even looking at a recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment