google search this blog, doesn't always work

Thursday, February 7, 2013

wings for the superbowl



I don't watch football, but I do have a "tradition" of making wings on superbowl sunday.

But I'm not really a fan of buffalo wings anymore.  So I decided this year to make BBQ and Parmesan Garlic wings!

I used two cast iron pizza pans to make one batch of BBQ and one batch of parmesan garlic.

First I boiled the wings to get the fat out of them.  This is an optional step.

For the BBQ wings, I put some KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce in a bowl, and added brown sugar, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard, and black pepper.

I brushed the wings with the sauce before baking in the oven at 350, and then brushed them again afterwards.  This resulted in a "double layer" of sauce.

For the parmesan garlic wings, I baked them "nude" in the oven at 350.

Then I melted some butter in a bowl*.  Added minced garlic, parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.

*I think next time I'm going to clarify the butter instead.

Brushed the butter sauce on the wings after taking them out of the oven, and added more parmesan cheese on top.

I really liked them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment