google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My first german dish

When I was a kid, I tried some German food, and said "If I lived in Germany, I'd starve to death!"

Tonight I made my first German dish-- unless bratwurst and sauerkraut counts as a German dish; I've made that before.

It was very easy, and probably "Americanized".

It consisted of sliced smoked bratwurst, canned German potato salad, and BBQ sauce.

In fact, the recipe was on the can of German potato salad.

Make sure the bratwurst is precooked.  Don't use raw bratwurst.

Just slice up the smoked bratwurst, mix it with the canned German potato salad, and BBQ sauce.

Into the oven at 350 for 45 minutes.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was franks and beans, except it was potatoes instead of beans.

It was pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment