google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dakota Buckaroo marinated ribs

Have you ever tried Dakota Buckaroo marinating sauce?

It's an all purpose marinating sauce, for chicken, beef, or pork.

I wanted to try it on baby back ribs, so I marinated them in this sauce before slow roasting in the oven at 250, in a covered cast iron pot.

After they were done, I removed the ribs, and "reduced" the liquid in the pot, by heating it on the stove uncovered, and adding Wondra flour to thicken. 

Then I poured this thickened sauce over the ribs.

It was good on the ribs, for sure.  However it was not "sweet" flavored, like I'm used to.  It's "zesty".

So I also warmed up some bottled barbecue sauce, and added that too.

I still have some of the marinade left; Maybe I'll try it on burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment