google search this blog, doesn't always work

Friday, October 12, 2012

my first homemade peanut butter

I made my first homemade peanut butter!

You don't use cast iron to make peanut butter, of course.  

All you need is a food processor, no cooking required.

Unless, of course, you want to roast your own peanuts.  But mine were already roasted.

I used Planter's roasted peanuts, and peanut oil.  Added a tiny bit of sugar.

At first I put in too much peanut oil, so had to add more peanuts to compensate.

It wasn't as "smooth" as store bought peanut butter, although I'm sure it would have been smoother if I'd whipped it more in the food processor.

It was grainy, but I've always liked extra crunchy peanut butter, so that wasn't a problem.

It tasted like... Planter's roasted peanuts that had been ground up in peanut oil.  

Actually, I really like Planter's peanuts, so I found it to taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment