google search this blog, doesn't always work

Monday, June 4, 2012

my first chicken fried chicken!

No, that wasn't a typo.  I meant to say "chicken fried chicken!"


Chicken fried chicken has been my favorite at Cracker Barrel, for over 15 years.


Which says a lot, because I'm really not a big fan of chicken.  


Chicken fried chicken is a chicken breast fillet, that is cooked and served just like chicken fried steak.


It occurred to me the other day, that it would be very easy to make.  After all, I make chicken fried steak.


Cut some boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets in half.


If you want to save money, you can buy bone-in breasts and cut off the bone.


Flatten the halves with a mallet.


Mix two eggs with milk in a bowl.  Soak each half in the mixture.


Mix some regular flour with seasoned salt.  Coat each piece in the flour.


Fry in crisco until done.


For the gravy, use 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp flour, 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/2 cup milk.  Double or triple if you want more.   


Whisk into gravy.  Add seasoned salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment