google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, June 18, 2011

two more rare pieces, previously listed on ebay














I recently found these cast iron pieces listed on ebay, which I had never seen before.

One is a red enameled cast iron pot, shaped like a rooster. I don't know what brand, or when it was made.

The other apparently is a Lodge ribbed jumbo oval serving griddle.

It was listed as a "fish frying pan", but it was actually a jumbo sized fajita pan with ridges for grilling.

The model number was JOR2 and I have not been able to find any other information on this pan.

A Lodge employee just told me that those pans were made and sold only in Australia. Australians like to grill outside on the pan, and then bring it straight to the table.

Neat idea, and I would think Americans would like that too, no?

Anyway, I decided to combine both pieces into one article, since I had so little information on each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment