google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

modified version of a recipe from the Lodge company

I modified the following chicken recipe, posted by the Lodge cast iron company:

Instead of using boneless skinless chicken thighs, I used drumsticks. I also added garlic and fresh cilantro, which was not in the original recipe.

Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides.

Add cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic (or whole cloves), and fresh cilantro. Transfer to oven at 350 until done.

Because the original recipe was for boneless chicken, it called for finishing on the stovetop; But, I used bone-in chicken, so I finished in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment