google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Saturday, March 12, 2011

my first experience with enameled cast iron

Pictured above is an enameled cast iron pot.

I had written this article comparing enameled cast iron to regular cast iron.

Today was my first time using an enameled pot; I finally found one cheap enough to justify trying out.

I used it to slow cook beef brisket in the oven.

One thing I will say: It was fairly convenient to be able to put the pot directly into the fridge for overnight storage.

Usually I transfer the food to a bowl; You shouldn't store food overnight in regular cast iron.

Then the next day, I didn't have to transfer food from the bowl back into the pot, for reheating in the oven; It went directly from the refrigerator to the oven.

So, that did skip a few steps, since I didn't have to wash the pot or the bowl either.

I still stand by my regular cast iron, but I can see how enameled can be more convenient.


3 comments:

  1. Enameled also goes beautifully to the dinner table, even for a fancy party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, the brisket! Slow cooked in the oven. It was delicious. I'm still eating off it... :)

    ReplyDelete