I like my meatloaf crispy, and here's some things I've found by trial and error:
1. Use the leanest ground beef available. 93% if you can get it.
2. Cook the chopped onions in a skillet before mixing in, to remove some moisture.
3. Use one egg instead of two.
4. Use ketchup instead of tomato soup, tomato sauce, or V8.
5. Use packaged bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs, instead of bread.*
*Plain or Italian bread crumbs, up to you. Some people use oats.
6. Use dried minced garlic instead of fresh.
7. Use cast iron. If you don't have a cast iron loaf pan, a skillet will do.
8. Bake at 400 degrees instead of 350.
Now how about my recipe?
Mix lean ground beef, cooked chopped onions, ketchup, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, dried minced garlic. Cilantro optional.
Add onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Top with bread crumbs. Bake.