google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pot measurement vs volume

This is the Texsport cast iron fryer.

I can't find much information about it, except for one bad customer review.

She stated that it arrived looking like it had been used.

I bet she was referring to the wax coating, found on all new cast iron that is not pre-seasoned.

Because at first, that's what I thought. My pot was covered with wax, and I didn't know it was supposed to be; I thought I'd been sent a used pot.

It's supposed to be 6 quarts, but I can't find any measurements* on this pan, anywhere.

*I wrote the company; They state the pan is 11 1/2 inches wide, 4 inches deep. That's about right.

After my last fiasco, you better believe I'm going to look for measurements from now on.

I asked two sellers on ebay; Both replied, "I don't know; I'm just selling it."

That irks me. You really shouldn't be selling stuff you know nothing about. I find another seller.

Anyway, a pot that is 12 inches in diameter, 5 inches tall is usually 7 quarts.

If it's 12 inches by 4 inches, 6 quarts; 12 inches by 3 inches, 5 quarts.

If it's 10 inches by 5 inches, it's 5 qts; 10 inches by 4 inches, 4 qts; 10 inches by 3 inches; 3 qts.

If it's 8 inches by 4 inches, it's 3 quarts; 8 inches by 3 inches, 2 quarts.

If it's 12 inches by 6 inches, it's 8 quarts. 13 inches by 5 inches, it's 9 quarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment