google search this blog, doesn't always work

Monday, September 13, 2010

We're gonna have roast rabbit, we're gonna have roast rabbit...

Elmer Fudd used to sing about having roast rabbit. He never got the chance, but I did!

I respectfully disagree that "rabbit tastes just like chicken." I think it's better, leaner, and more flavorful than chicken.

I had no idea how to prepare it, so I just prepared it like I would a roast chicken or turkey:

Lay out the pieces on a cast iron skillet.

Season with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and poultry seasoning OR sage and thyme. Spray with olive oil or butter flavored Pam.

Into the oven at 350. After it's done, deglaze the skillet and make a gravy.

So far I've only tried this uncovered, but I wonder how it would turn out if I covered the skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment