google search this blog, doesn't always work

Friday, September 24, 2010

Restaurant pad thai is best, BUT...

Pad Thai is my favorite dish at Thai restaurants. One day, I decided to make my own.

Boil rice noodles in water until they're tender.

Heat olive oil in a cast iron wok and scramble 2 eggs. Remove the eggs until later.

Add shrimp to the wok and cook until pink.

Add the boiled noodles and pad thai sauce, which is in the Asian section at the grocery store.

Stir fry for a few minutes until everything is mixed.

Add bean sprouts and the scrambled egg. Stir fry some more.

A friend suggested also using tofu, but I didn't have any this time.

Then add peanuts.

I was happy with how it turned out. If you don't have a wok, a cast iron skillet will do.

Now, what they serve at Thai restaurants is best, BUT this was pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment