google search this blog, doesn't always work

Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm gonna have to practice this...

I've said in posts before that I had never used injectable marinades.

Chicken breasts are easy and good for you, but I find them dry and bland. So I'm always looking for different things to do with them.

Usually I make "salvaged sauce chicken"; I take the sauce from a previous night's meal, pour over the chicken breast, and bake. Right now I have some sauce from the Osso Bucco to use.

But what better way to practice injecting marinades?

The first time, I tried asian sesame salad dressing. Which is a good flavor, but proved to be a little too thick for injecting. I made a mess.

Tonight, I tried liquid steak marinade. Spilled a little, but it was easier. Next time I'll try melted butter mixed with poultry seasoning.

I figure if I practice enough on chicken breast, I'll be ready for turkey by Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment