google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm gonna have to practice this...

I've said in posts before that I had never used injectable marinades.

Chicken breasts are easy and good for you, but I find them dry and bland. So I'm always looking for different things to do with them.

Usually I make "salvaged sauce chicken"; I take the sauce from a previous night's meal, pour over the chicken breast, and bake. Right now I have some sauce from the Osso Bucco to use.

But what better way to practice injecting marinades?

The first time, I tried asian sesame salad dressing. Which is a good flavor, but proved to be a little too thick for injecting. I made a mess.

Tonight, I tried liquid steak marinade. Spilled a little, but it was easier. Next time I'll try melted butter mixed with poultry seasoning.

I figure if I practice enough on chicken breast, I'll be ready for turkey by Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment