google search this blog, doesn't always work

Monday, June 21, 2010

Salvaged sauce chicken breasts...

So the other night, I made smothered pork chops. There was a significant amount of the sauce left over, so I decided to save it for another meal. Tonight I'm making chicken breasts, oven roasted in that sauce.

I noticed that split chicken breasts were $1.30 less per pound, than the boneless breast fillets. That would mean that I'd have to de-bone them, which I had never done before, but at that price, I figured I would learn really quick.

I will need to practice, but my first one was not bad, mostly in one piece. There were a few stray chunks, which I cooked up in the bacon and egg skillet as a treat for the dog. Between the bone and the little chunks, I still saved a ton of money, so that is the way to go.

Anyway, this will be very simple. Just put the chicken in a cast iron skillet, pour over the sauce, add some dried onion flakes, and pop in the oven at 350 until done. Easier than using the microwave!


No comments:

Post a Comment